Healing Our Waters Coalition- Great Lakes
The coalition’s mission is to secure a sustainable Great Lakes restoration plan and the funding needed to implement it. The coalition seeks to:
· stop sewage contamination that closes beaches and harms recreational opportunities;
· clean up toxic sediments that threaten the health of people and wildlife;
· prevent polluted runoff from cities and farms that harm water quality;
· restore and protect high quality wetlands and wildlife habitat that filter pollutants, provide a home for fish and wildlife, and support the region’s outdoor recreation economy;
· prevent the introduction of invasive species, such as Asian carp, that threaten the economy and quality of life for millions of people.