League of Women Voters of Minneapolis
LWV takes positions on issues—local, regional, state, and national—based on research and study. Voting for consensus agreement is a hallmark of LWV positions.
What Does LWV Mpls Do ?
Promotes education and action for a better democracy by:
- Encouraging citizen participation in government and the electoral process through public education, voter registration, sponsoring candidate forums; and programs that encourage civic engagement
- Researching public policy issues and reports results to members, policy makers, and the general public
- Advocating for League positions that are based on research and member consensus
- Educating League members on current affairs through neighborhood-based discussion Units that meet regularly; the Voter newsletter; and a content-rich web site
- Facilitating the democratic process at all levels by assisting with neighborhood and community elections