Board Minutes from December 2010
Clean Water Network
Board of Directors Call
December 1, 2010
By Keith Dimoff, Secretary, CWN
Present on the call:
- Keith Dimoff, Ohio Environmental Council
- Cynthia Sarthou, Gulf Restoration Network
- Renee Victoria Hoyos, Tennessee Clean Water Network
- Paul Schwartz, Clean Water Action
- Dereth Glance, Citizens Campaign for the Environment
- Jan Goldman Carter for Vicki Deisner, National Wildlife Federation
- Katherine Baer, American Rivers
- Rachel Conn, Amigos Bravos
- Arthur Feinstein, Citizens Committee to Complete the Refgue
- Cindy Lowry, Alabama Rivers Alliance
- Martha Noble, National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition
- Jeff Crane, Colorado Watershed Assembly
- Marion Hilliard, National Garden Clubs
- Gershon Cohen, Campaign to Safeguard America's Waters
Not present on the call:
- Bill Davis, Environmental Law and Policy Center
- Christie Leavitt, Environment America
- Joan Mulhern, EarthJustice
- Gayle Killam, River Network
- Jon Devine, Natural Resource Defense Council
- Derek Grigsby, People's Water Board
- Brian Moore, National Audubon Society
- Scott Edwards, Waterkeeper Alliance
Staff Present: Natalie Roy
Meeting called to order: Renee Victoria Hoyos, President, presiding.
Roll call shows 14 Board members; quorum present.
Motion made November 22 by email: The Clean Water Network board supports engaging and actively working with the Administration and our member groups on an EPA/Army Corps rulemaking effort to define Waters of the United States. This effort alo includes working to revise the existing EPA/Corps guidance. The goal is to work with the Administration to craft a rule that protects water bodies that have lost or are in danger of losing CWA protection due to the regressive SWANCC and Rapanos Supreme Court decisions. Voting by email; passed.
Clean Water Week and Board retreat update by Natalie Roy; partial funding by the C.S. Mott Foundation; travel budgets tight.
Committee for board retreat and Clean Water Week planning; Rachel, Arthur, Sarah, Cindy, Renee, Jan and Katherine volunteerd.
Motion to approve the minutes of the November 3, 2010, CWN Board meeting (Dimoff, Glance). Passed.
Financial and administrative update by Dereth Glance and Natalie Roy: End of October $193,000 "cash in bank"; received Mott Foundation 10,000 for board retreat; Packard grant received; received $37,5000 from McKnight for year two; $150K EPA wetlands grant propsal pending.
No other new or old business.
Adjourn (Dimoff, Hoyos).